WE ARE SORRY BUT UNDER THE CURRENT REGULATIONS SPECTATORS ARE NOT PERMITTED
You Really Can’t Get Closer to the Action!
Here are some details Spectators might need:
All of our meetings are CLOSED to the public at present.
Government Guidance allows spectators to outside events from 17th May 2021.
However, our governing body, Motorsport UK, has additional regulations / requirements:
- Spectators and Competitors (officials etc) are required to be in separate “bubbles”. That would mean spectators would have very limited access to the hill, Hollow, and Karousel / Ashes Complex, only. Spectators would have no access to the paddock, startline, or restaurant areas.
- Numbers would require to be limited. The maximum would be around 100, and social distancing would need to be maintained by all spectators. And we would have to manage that too.
- Advance Ticketing would be the only way we would be able to sell tickets. There would be no access on the day.
- Separate Car Parking would be required, and again be managed.
- Separate Entry and Exit from the venue would be required, and again be managed.
- Walkways throughout the venue would need to be improved, particularly through the wood section. This would require significant works in the wooded section.
- Walkways from the Car Park to the Hollow, Karousel, and Ashes complexes would need to be arranged through the camping field. Access to the competitor camping and paddock areas would need to be managed.
- Food would be very limited at the Karousel Catering Hut.
- Additional medical cover may be required because of the separate bubble requirements.
These requirements are just of few of the issues that would need to be addressed to open our hill under the current UK Government, and Motorsport UK regulations.
These aren’t our regulations.
For those of you who know the location and how the spectator areas are set out, you will appreciate that controlling this aspect of access to the Hollow, Karousel and Ashes complexes would require significant additional marshalling and security staff. We estimate that we would need at least another four security marshalls just to manage the access across the camping field, additional car parking marshals and that a 4m wide walkway would need to be created there and in the wooded section between Hollow and Ashes.
We want a spectator visiting Gurston Down Speed Hill Climb to be fully immersed in the whole of the event, not just at two corners. Our competitors like to have spectators around as do BARC SW.
If you would like to read more:
NOTE: ALL FUTURE MEETINGS IN 2021 ARE LIKELY TO BE SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS ON SPECTATORS WHEN THEY ARE PERMITTED TO RETURN NUMBERS WILL BE VERY LIMITED – ADVANCE TICKETS WILL BE REQUIRED – THERE WILL BE NO “ON THE DAY” ENTRY
This page will be updated
We publish full entry lists and a preview of each event on our website and Facebook. This is usually available around two weeks before the event date.
We don’t just have cars at our hill climb. we also have the motorbikes and sidecars of the Autocycle Union (ACU) competing. If you are arriving by motorbike, please make sure you bring something to stand your bike on as our parking is on grass.
Single Day Events: 19th and 20th June, 17th and 18th July
These dates are all part of the Turbo Dynamics Gurston Down Speed Hill Climb Championship and Top Ten Challenge. We also have invited championships, clubs, and motorbikes.
Entry for Single Day Events: £10 per Adult! Under 14s, Car Parking and Paddock Access are FREE.
JUNE EVENTS ARE CLOSED TO SPECTATORS
Gate Open at 08:30, practice starts around 0900 and concludes at around lunchtime. Competition Runs start at approximately 13:00 on single-day events.
Two One Day Events: 28th and 29th August – Sunday Championship Finale
These meetings will run in a similar way to our other meetings.
We are sorry but ENTRY WILL BE BY PREBOOKED AND PAID TICKETS ONLY.
Our Postcode is SP5 5HR
PLEASE WATCH YOUR SPEED THROUGH OUR LOCAL VILLAGES
For up-to-date information, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.